If you’re planning on taking the Duolingo English Exam, then check out the guide to passing with the high score that you want!
The Duolingo English Test is a modern language proficiency test designed for today’s international students and institutions. It offers an English proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample in an accessible, efficient, and secure testing experience.
Duolingo English test online
Duolingo English test acceptance is increasing day by day as it is easy and convenient. Duolingo is helpful in securing admission to many international universities. Not only Duolingo English test accepted in Canada but also in the USA, China, Japan, Germany. Duolingo is also accepted in a number of universities in the UK. Duolingo English test equivalent to IELTS or TOEFL. Here we are going to discuss Duolingo English test details by giving complete information about it.
Requirements of test Duolingo
You are eligible to take the Duolingo test if the following things are available:
- Your passport, driver’s license, or government ID
- A quiet, well-lit room
- 60 minutes of free time
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer
- A supported browser
- A front-facing camera
- A microphone
- The test can be completed in 1 hour and get results within 2 days (48 hours) and share it with anyone immediately.
- Accepted by more than 1000 institutions worldwide
- Candidates can receive their score for only $49
- Candidates can send their score reports to as many institutes as they want for free
- Duolingo proficiency exam in English will be much easier than other English language tests.
- One can take the Duolingo English Test anytime and anywhere, the only condition is that they must have the necessary technical requirements and test environment.
You can take the test within 90 days starting from your original purchase date. Follow the below process for registration of the Duolingo English test.
- Create an account on the website of the Duolingo English test by giving your age, email id, and password. Then click “next”
- On the next page you will be asked a question “What are you interested in?” and you have to choose the options as given below:
- School building
- Undergraduate university admissions
- Graduate admissions (ex: MBA, Ph.D.)
- Middle or high school admissions
- Applying for a job or promotion
- None of the above
- Choose the option you want to pursue and click on create account
- After creation, purchase the test and do the payment.
Duolingo English test format includes:
- Listening to spoken words and selecting the real ones
- Reviewing written words and selecting the real ones
- Completing missing letters from a text
- Describing an image in writing or aloud
- Recording yourself saying a written sentence
- Verbally answering a spoken question
- Responding in writing to a written question (writing samples have a maximum of 500 words but are usually much shorter)
- Typing out a statement that you hear.
- A “video interview”, in which you speak for 1-3 minutes on a topic you choose (they offer two).
Duolingo English Test is conducted in one go. The 60 minutes test is broadly divided into two sections i.e Adaptive Test and Video Interview. The first part lasts for 45 minutes and the second part for another 10 minutes. The first 5 minutes is an introductory part that helps candidates go through the quick setup of the test and lets you understand the rules and requirements of the test.
- Must be alone in a quiet, well-lit room
- Ears must be visible and uncovered
- The face must be visible and unobscured
- No headphones or earphones
- No outside materials including mobile devices, notes, or textbooks
- No communication with anyone else
- No writing utensils or paper
- Do not look away from the screen
- Do not leave the test window on your web browser for any reason
If you are interested in studying abroad, then Duolingo test right test for you. Hopefully, this article has given you some ideas regarding the DET test. If you have any other questions about the Duolingo test, please feel free to ask us by registering here.